The below is applicable every time you access the gridzDIRECT website and/or order goods from the gridzDIRECT website.
- This site is owned and operated by Gridz FZE. Our registered office is: PO Box 120710, Sharjah, UAE.
All rights in this website are owned by Gridz FZE. Any unauthorised use, copying or modification is prohibited.
- Orders and Cancellations
- All orders placed through our website will be subject to our acceptance of the order. We reserve the right to decline any order for any reason. All orders must be placed directly through the gridzDIRECT website. Any orders placed through the website will be classed as legitimate orders. At this time only orders for UAE based customer will be possible. All customers will be requested to create an account before ordering through the website.
Although we endeavor to keep our website information and pricing up to date and error free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If such an error is discovered after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you before processing your order and give you the option to either cancel your order or re-confirm it based on the correct information. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order as cancelled.
Request to Cancel an Order
If you would like to cancel an order then please login to your account dashboard and generate a “Cancellation Request Ticket”. If the order is under processing then it can still be canceled but it will be up to the management’s discretion, and a charge of 10-20% of the product value will be levied for processing fees. If any orders are cancelled and have been paid for using a credit card, then the refund process may take up to 25 days (subject to the bank’s policy).
If the order has already been dispatched then it will not be possible to cancel it. In some cases special exceptions may be made, allowing the order to be canceled but this will again be up to the management’s discretion and a charge of 10-50% of the product value will be levied for processing fees.
Any products that are authorised for return must be in perfect condition with sealed packaging and all accessories intact. Final approval to collect items will only be given once an inspection of the items has taken place.
Delivery charges are non refundable.
- Warranty and Returns
- Warranty for Standard Items
All items come with a 12 month manufacturing warranty from date of purchase, unless stipulated otherwise in the product information, or in the Terms and Conditions mentioned below.
- Warranty for Clearance Corner Items
All items in the “Clearance Corner” come with a 3 month manufacturing warranty from date of purchase, unless stipulated otherwise in the product information
- Warranty for "gridzGEEK" Items
All items in the “gridzGEEK” section come with a 30 day manufacturing warranty from date of purchase, unless stipulated otherwise in the product information
- Return Faulty Goods
If you find that there is a manufacturing fault with the device then please generate a ”Support Ticket” from your account dashboard mentioning the complete details of the fault. Alternatively you may call +971 4 457 2190 and ask for assistance. If the product is Dead On Arrival (DOA) within the first 7 days after receiving delivery then we will come to collect the defective unit within 5 working days and arrange for a replacement where possible. Alternatively you can drop the product off at our service centre. In either case you will be asked for your original invoice and proof of ID. Replacements will only be given once the defective product has been checked and approved as a DOA item. If the product is outside of the DOA period then you will be asked to drop the product off at our service centre. We will take the appropriate action to either repair or replace the product depending on the nature of the problem.
It will take no more than 15 days to get a product repaired based on the type of issue and information provided.
- Gift Certificates
Unless otherwise stipulated, any gift certificate comes with a three month validity period from the date of issue. If the validity period of a particular certificate is anything other than 3 months, it will be informed to the customer at the time of issuance. Gift certificates are transferable and have no spending limitations in terms of a minimum spend. Gift certificates do not apply to any shipping charges and therefore if any order value is less than the stipulated minimum spend, shipping charges will still be applied.
- Promotion Codes and Discount Codes
Unless otherwise stipulated, any promotional or discount codes come with a three month validity period from the date of issue. If the validity period of a particular code is anything other than 3 months, it will be informed to the customer at the time of issuance. Where you have been issued a promotional or discount code against your order, acceptance of this order is subject to our verifying that the code has been issued rightfully to you and that you comply with all the terms of the offer and qualify for the code. In the event that the code has not been issued to you rightfully or you do not qualify for the offer, the price of the order will be adjusted notwithstanding any email or other confirmation that you receive.
- Processing Orders and Payment
- Once an order has been placed through the website, regardless of the payment method chosen, it will be classed as a legitimate order. Different customers may be subject to different payment terms. If you have a credit account with us then payment is due in accordance with the credit terms agreed by Gridz FZE when the account was opened. If payments are delayed then Gridz FZE has the right to charge a 2% per day penalty fee on any amount outstanding.
The "Cash on Delivery" payment option will not be allowed for any orders that exceed AED 5,000. Allowing "Cash on Delivery" for orders with a value higher than AED 5,000 is only possible with a 50% advance payment.
- Shipping & Delivery
- Delivery at this time will only be available within the UAE. Gridz FZE will deliver any ordered items within 2 business days. We endeavor to deliver on time but in the event of a delay Gridz FZE will not be held responsible. If orders are not delivered within 14 days of the stipulated time then the customer has the right to cancel the order at no cost to them. All Items are subject to stock availability.
Customers will be asked to sign for the goods upon delivery. If wrong shipping information has been given at the time of order then any additional delivery charges and processing fees will be borne by the customer. Once delivered and signed for, no claim of damaged goods will be accepted.
Any additional taxes or customs duties of any kind if not previously stated, are not included and must be paid by the customer.
The delivery and the billing addresses can be different, however at the time of delivery a valid form of photo identification needs to be presented. The following forms of ID will be accepted:
1. Original Valid U.A.E. Driving License
2. Original UAE Labour Card
3. Original passport (both data and visa page)
- In addition, if either “Credit card on delivery”, or “Credit card online” are selected as the payment methods then the details on the photo ID should exactly match that of the credit card used to make the purchase.
- All orders above AED 1000 include free delivery within UAE. Any orders below AED 1000 are subject to an AED 20 charge. Delivery to public/communal places will not be allowed.
- Provision of Official Documents
In an effort to increase the safety for our shoppers, and in line with our banks security requirements, we may from time to time ask for a copy of a valid ID and the front side of your credit card. This may be at the time of delivery, or at the time of order processing. We accept the following as a form of valid ID (UAE labour card, UAE driver’s license, passport copy). Failure to provide such documents upon request may lead to cancellation of the order and payment of the related charges.
- On order processing pages we use GeoTrust RapidSSL 256 bit certificate. All information is encrypted. Credit Card details are not stored on the server or our company database at any time. Any sensitive information transferred is through a secure SSL connection as mentioned.
We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorized access to information provided by you.
- If a product has been added to the shopping cart and a price update takes place on the site before the user has checked out, then the price of the product in the shopping cart will also be updated automatically. Therefore all customers must check the final checkout price before placing the order.
If a product has been added to the shopping cart, but before the final checkout stage, the product is removed from the website, the product will be removed from the final cart. Therefore all customers must check the final list of products before placing the order.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure the prices on our website are as accurate as possible, we reserve the right to change a price in exceptional circumstances. If a price is corrected due to exceptional circumstances, customers will be informed of the change before payment is processed and offered the opportunity to cancel the order.
Prices on orders for out-of-stock or pre-release items are valid for one week after the order is placed. If the price changes when the stock becomes available customers will be informed of the change before payment is processed and offered the opportunity to cancel the order.
- All prices on the website are in AED (United Arab Emirates Dirhams).
- gridzDIRECT Loyalty Programme
- You have to have a gridzDIRECT account to accrue or use GD Points. GD Points are non transferable under any circumstances. GD Points cannot be combined from multiple accounts under any circumstances. If you cancel an order or return an item for a refund, you will lose any Geek Points earned from that order or item. At times gridzDIRECT may be required to approve points before being credited to a customer’s account. gridzDIRECT has the right to retract any issued points from a customer’s account if they have been gained through improper methods. Any misuse of the GD Points system could result in the suspension of the customer’s account and cancellation of any pending orders. To find out more about gaining points please click here
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and any such changes will be communicated on our website.
There are from time to time links on our website to third party websites. We do not have any control over the content of these websites nor can we be liable in respect of anything contained on these websites.
Any unauthorized use of material on this site is strictly prohibited.
These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous Terms and Conditions, representations, undertakings and agreements.
Back to top